No one has ever faced a healthcare crisis as dire as the one that confronted Florence Nightingale at the Scutari Barrack Hospital, yet despite the challenges over a 2-year period she defined the nursing profession and created a blueprint for the hospital as we know it today. Now she returns to Memorial Medical Center to help the leadership team foster a stronger culture of ownership. In this heartwarming and thought-provoking story you will learn:
- Why no one ever checks the oil in a rental car, and proven strategies to foster a culture of ownership
- Why a culture of ownership requires people who are Emotionally Positive, Self Empowered, and Fully Engaged (the 3 commitments of The Florence Challenge)
- Why you need a blueprint for the Invisible Architecture™ of your organization and how to use a construction metaphor to create one
- The 8 essential characteristics of a culture of ownership
- How to use The Pickle Pledge to help people confront toxic emotional negativity and promote a more positive and productive workplace attitude
- How the 7 promises of The Self-Empowerment Pledge can help you foster a more empowering culture
With more than 200,000 copies in circulation in more than 500 hospitals and healthcare organizations, The Florence Prescription is a gift to your people that is also an investment in your organization. The Florence Challenge website includes a wealth of resources to help you optimize the impact of this book including a leader’s guide, PowerPoint study guide, webinar, and downloadable Florence Challenge Certificate of Commitment.